Have you ever wondered how horses sleep?? 🦄😴 Here are a few fun facts:
- Horses sleep in the standing up positions to tricks potential predators into thinking the animal is awake and less vulnerable.
- Horses engage in light sleep while standing, but cannot experience REM sleep unless they lie down.
- Most horses only need 5 to 7 hours of rest each day, and less than one hour of that rest is REM sleep.
- Horses likely dream since they experience REM.
- Male horses yawn much more frequently than female horses!
For more information on this sleep study, visit https://www.tuck.com/how-horses-sleep/